Ok, more like 9 1/2 months...I've been really slow to get this month's update posted. Mainly because all the cute pictures I've taken lately were earmarked for other posts. And I've been having trouble getting other cute pictures because Maggie's been teething for the past few days and kind of grumpy and clingy, which does not make for successful photo shoots. So this one may be a little light on the pictures (which I know is what everyone comes here to see, so -- sorry, folks. Better luck next month!)
Anyway, Maggie is nine months old! And she is all over the place. :) This month has been all about practicing "walking" -- holding onto our hands, the furniture, the walls, or anything that she can push across the floor. She's getting really fast, too! And much less awkward. She's also been practicing standing alone and can stand up for a few seconds before she plops down or grabs onto something. She loves climbing in and out of things -- boxes, baskets, cabinets, furniture, her toy box, etc. Also, this month we discovered that she seems to have inherited the "monkey gene" that runs in my family. She climbs up anything and everything she can, generally by pushing her footstool over to the furniture and using that to get a boost. The other day, I left Maggie on the porch while I was cleaning up in the kitchen after lunch, and I returned to the porch a few minutes later to find her lying flat on her belly on the arm of one of our deck chairs!! I'm trying to resign myself to the many heart-stopping moments I just know I have ahead of me. :)
Maggie's working really hard on walking, but she doesn't seem to care too much about talking yet. She's still babbling her mama's, dada's, lala's, gaga's, etc. She does seem to produce a lot more dada's around Patrick, and mama's around me, but we aren't convinced that she's really figured it out quite yet.
This month, Maggie finally finished transitioning to just two naps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, almost always for 1 1/2 hours each. I don't know if I can overemphasize how great this has been for me. We finally have a consistent routine -- and it makes such a difference to be able to make plans, knowing what our day will be like, and to be able to accomplish things during her naps, knowing that I'll likely have an hour and a half before she wakes up. She's also been sleeping later in the mornings -- often until 7:30 or even 8:00 (!). As someone who is most definitely NOT a morning person, I've been thrilled with this development, too.
She's remains a good eater (of finger foods -- she still isn't big on spoons) and tries just about everything we offer her. She loves blueberries, cheese, and pasta the best. The cheese and pasta are always the first to go at lunch and dinner -- I think she inherited her mama's taste buds.
Maggie has become more playful and interactive this month, which has been lots of fun. She plays peek-a-boo with us, usually by sitting behind a door then leaning out and back, in and out of our sight. She also likes to play chase with us -- we'll tickle her, then she crawls a yard or so away, stops, sits up, looks and us, and waits for us to come tickle her again. So cute.
Every month I say this, but I really think nine months is the best age yet. :) And I have a feeling the trend will continue into month 10!
2 comments:
What a cutie! I know what you mean - every month seems the best month. :) I was in SC last week and wanted to call for a play date, but I ran out of time. :( Maybe next time, and good luck with the teeth!
She is just too too cute! I love all of her big grins. If she is having problems with teething, you should look into an amber teething necklace. All of the little kids had them and have had no problems with teething- meanwhile, Zachary was a bear when he was teething. Just an idea- teething is no fun at all.
Post a Comment